I am beyond thrilled to share with you that I am receiving another award! This is the second award nomination for 2019. Not bad eh? Just two months ago I was nominated for Versatile Blogger Award. Now I was nominated by Chand Alpana from Kabhi fact kabhi fiction. Check out her blog post where she nominated me and shared a great story about her blogging journey too! Also, she is a great storyteller so please do check out her blog!
Why it is important?
The awards and recognitions like this are a great way of building up a blogging community and (hushshsh not illegal but a very smart way of generating backlinks). This way budding blogger not only get encouragement but connections and yes backlinks for each other. Although new blogs do not have a great domain authority so getting a backlink from them may not benefit you immediately, but if you are nominating a blog you truly have your confidence in and they actually make it big say in a year or so, you will have a backlink from a website with authoritative website.
So if you do get nominated for such an award take your time to write a blog post, show gratitude to the one who nominated you and give them a backlink, and nominate 10 to 15 budding bloggers you feel are doing a good job. Even if 5 out of those were smart enough to get the logic behind such post they will write a post giving you a backlink. Imagine if even 2 out of those five made it big in a year, you will have a backlink from a great website without doing much hard work. Yeah it is a bit out there, but totally worth a shot and hey, who doesn’t likes a flashing trophy on the home page?
It will also help you build some really helpful connections in the blogging world. Networking is very important in every industry to grow but it is even more important in blogging industry. So, yeah, Do It!
Once you have been nominated for the award, there are some rules for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Thank the blogger for nominating you and give the link to their blog. Thank you once again, Chand.
- Write a blog post on your website about recieing the award.
- Describe the story of why you started your blog.
- Write two pieces of advice you have for new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers who have your vote of confidence.
- Notify each of your nominees of their nomination. I will do so on Twitter.
Gurru Says – Story
When I got pregnant in 2016, there were complications from the beginning and it was a high-risk pregnancy, so I had to shut down the small boutique business I was running then. Staying on bed rest and doing nothing was not my thing so my husband bought me this domain to keep me busy. Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing neither I had a mentor. So I just posted random stuff and kept myself busy. Now that I think, at that time I had no idea what SEO or Keywords were. As my pregnancy progressed, I became more preoccupied with the baby related things and totally forgot about the blog when my son was actually born. Just after my bay turned two months I was able to score a full day job as a content writer on the basis of my writing skill. On that job, I learned about SEO and other important things related to blogging. By that time my blog had literally died but through the support of a colleague who actually taught me about SEO and my husband who encouraged me, I revitalized my blog.
2 Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
- Network as much as possible. Networking is not only for generating backlinks or getting referrals. Yes, having connections in the industry helps but there is more on the plate. Networking offers you a great learning opportunity about blogging, Search Engine Optimization and how to use social media. I myself have learned a lot from networking.
- Invest in your blog. If you wish to monetize your blog you need to invest some serious effort, time and money into it. Any blog will take at least a year before it starts paying you anything at all. And before you start seeing any money you will have to pour in some, buy a good domain from a good server, get the security certifications, get professional help where you lack the skill, benefit from paid promotions if you can, and most importantly be patient and persistent.
My 15 Award Nominations:
Here are my 15 nominations but I don’t believe they are in any particular order other than alphabetically arranged. All of these blogs I am personally following and they are awesome!
- Anna from Stralthy
- Ashley Collins from Sincerely Anonymous
- Asia from Asia Enchanted
- Blessing from The Time With D_Analyzt
- Crystal Ward from May Be Crazy
- Emily from Emily Aagaard
- Janna Kilimnik from Manic Mama
- Junell from Miss Adventures In Adulting
- Kevin from My Unexpected Life
- Lahaina Vatanarom from The Coffee Wife
- Mama Robin from Undistracted Life
- Megan O’Keeffe from Debatably Dateable
- Ray from The Ray Journey
- Tara from Off the Clock Mindreader
- Taryn Thirio from Memories of Thunder