If you are here to look plan for the Lose Weight for Wedding in 6 Months so you can look beautiful, go away and first learn to love yourself because you already are beautiful and you do look beautiful. I will like to clarify that this blog post is here to encourage fitness and improve physical health. I am a strong advocate of body positivity and believe that no one should feel the need for weight loss for other than medical reasons.
I know that it is only natural to want to look your best on your wedding day and we have been brainwashed to believe that skinny is beautiful. It is very common for brides-to-be to make attempts (sometimes crazy and harmful attempts) to shed some weight, but that is a very wrong reason.
Table of Contents
What was my reason for Weight Loss?
Well, I finished my Master’s degree almost 7 months before my wedding. While studying for my masters I lived in a hostel and more often than not I was either consumed by studies or was partying with my friends. When I was stressed due to my studies (which was often) I stress ate. I picked up some very unhealthy eating habits, ate junk, and consumed soda as if it was water. Some days I practically lived on pizza and I always had chocolate in my bag to combat any wave of depression.
It should be no surprise that I gained 20KG and that’s a lot for a girl with short height. None of my old clothes fit, and walking to the shortest distance felt hard. I needed to stop and catch my breath while climbing stairs and in general doing things became hard. Gaining weight made physical activity hard and made me lazy which further started to contribute towards the weight gain. That’s when I decided enough is enough!
I wanted to enjoy a healthy and active life with my life partner and that’s why I decided to get rid of the extra weight.
Benefits of This Weight Loss Plan
By the time I realized I need to make a change, there were only four months left to my wedding, so I took up to the internet and started my research.
- I didn’t want to lose too much too quickly as I already knew that it could damage my health. Experts advise that you should not lose more than 4kg in one month.
- I also knew if I completely cut any type of food out of my diet because the minute I will stop dieting and eat the said food, say any form of carbs, the body will assume I will never get this carb again and will store it all in. That is why people gain more weight after they stop dieting.
- Plus I didn’t want a boring diet plan that comprised of only one or two types of food because such things are hard to carry on for longer periods of time.
- I wanted a weight loss plan that did not require any extra expense because seriously weddings are expensive and we were already spending each and every penny from our own pocket.
- Also, being physically active was hard so I was looking for easy workouts that I can stick to.
So the weight loss plan I followed had all the above-given benefits. Now if that sounds interesting, let’s Get started.
The Super Easy and Cheap Weight Loss Plan That Works
Lose Weight for Wedding in 6 Months I know it works because it worked for me.
- Keep eating whatever you normally eat just reduce the amount to half. If you were eating one serving of anything, now you will eat only half a serving. This applies to the consumption of tea/coffee and alcoholic drinks also.
- To satisfy the hunger, fill yourself up with cucumbers before every meal.
- Have a cup of green tea after every meal to speed up your metabolism.
- Stop eating junk and processed food and do not touch any carbonated drinks.
- No sugar in any form but tea and coffee. It is recommended that you reduce the amount of sugar to half in your coffee/tea.
- Two work-out-sessions a day, five days a week. Each session should last 45 minutes to 1 hour and should be 12 hours apart from others. You can pick any cardio routine, I use to just dance really fast.
I did this for 4 months and lost 15 Kg. It was not at all boring, and very easy to stay committed to it. I even didn’t have any cheat day because well not much was prohibited. I hope you too find it helpful. If you try it out do let me know how it went.