If you are in the Ohio or neighboring areas in Indiana I really hope for your sake that you are all cozy in your bed and do not plan to go out of comfort of your home any time soon. Safety first people!
If you are not as lucky as me and have to go out for work, better tell your employer about Snow emergency and that you are not willing to come for next week. Or even better start planning to work from home. Get yourself a home based job because this snow storm aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.
Here I am sharing a list which are listed for snow emergency
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Several counties have issued snow emergencies as a winter storm has started to impact Northeast Ohio.
Ohio Committee for Severe Weather Awareness has listed the areas that emergency has been issued for
- Summit County
Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Roads may also be icy. Drivers are urged to drive very cautiously.
- Ashland County
- Lorain County
- Medina County
- Wayne County
Contact your employer to see if you should report to work. Drivers should use extreme caution. Roads may also be very icy. Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roads.
- Erie County
- Huron County
Those traveling on the roads may subject themselves to arrest .No one should be driving during these conditions unless it is absolutely necessary to travel or a personal emergency exists. All roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. All employees should contact their employer to see if they should report to work.
Here is what the levels mean, according to the Ohio Committee for Severe Weather Awareness:
Current Snow Emergencies at of 11:05pm Jan. 19, 2019:
Defiance: Level One
Erie: Level Three
Fulton: Level Two
Hancock: Level Three
Henry: Level One
Huron: Level Three
Lucas: Level Two
Ottawa: Level Three
Paulding: Level Two
Putnam: Level Three
Sandusky: Level Three
Seneca: Level Three
Williams: Level One
At the end a couple of related news update for you all
- Indiana University announced its East campus in Richmond would be closed Saturday due to winter weather.
- Roncalli High School said all basketball games at Center Grove planned for Saturday would be postponed to Feb. 5.
- The Circle City Conference Swimming and Diving Championship scheduled for Saturday at Ben Davis High School was postponed to Jan. 22 at the Schools Without Pools Meet at IU’s Natatorium.
- The boys basketball game at Shakamak High School in Jasonville was postponed with no immediate makeup date.
- The status of other Indiana high school boys basketball games can be found here.
- The status of Indiana high school girls basketball games can be found here.